May is Bicycle Safety Month and The Redding Police Department is encouraging those out walking, driving or riding their bikes to look out for one another.
Here are some tips to help keep you and your family safe:
- Always wear a helmet and never ride impaired.
- Follow social distancing measures and maintain at least six feet of physical space between other riders and those out walking.
- Be seen: wear brightly colored clothing and have bike lights handy (front white light and rear red flashing light or reflectors)
- Use hand signals when turning or stopping.
- Rules of the road still apply: Bicyclists must travel in the same direction of traffic and have the same requirements as any slow moving vehicle.
Funding for this program is provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Approved By: Sergeant Montgomery ID# 314
Reviewed By: Corporal Renault ID# 391