Halloween is on a Saturday this year, and the Redding Police Department will have additional officers on patrol Halloween night looking for suspected impaired drivers.
It is important to keep traffic safety in mind and designate a non-drinking driver before going somewhere to drink.
The Redding Police Department offers these tips for drivers and those who are out walking:
- The days are getting shorter. Be visible and carry a flashlight or reflective vest if you are out at dusk or at night so drivers can see you.
- Stick to familiar, well-lit routes.
- Only cross the street at crosswalks or corners where it is safe. Always look left, right, then left again before crossing.
- If you are doing car-based tours of decorations, be extra alert for other vehicles backing out of driveways or leaving parking spaces.
- Watch for pedestrians and yield to them at all crosswalks.
Funding for this program was provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Contact: Sergeant Montgomery ID# 314
Reviewed By: Sergeant Forsberg ID# 302